Friday 22 January 2021

{coyotes} Soderstrom to make NHL debut for Coyotes

 

Victor Soderstrom will make his NHL debut against the Vegas Golden Knights at Gila River Arena (9 p.m. ET; FS-A Plus, ATTSN-RM, NHL.TV).

The 19-year old defenseman, who was the No. 11 pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, scored six points (one goal, five assists) in 12 games this season with AIK of Allsvenskan, Sweden's second division, and played for Sweden at the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship before joining the Coyotes.

"Obviously, I'm super excited," Soderstrom said. "It's what you dream of from the time you started playing hockey. I think I'm ready for it. Try not to think too much, just go play your game. It's pretty easy when you do your first game like this to think too much. I think if I go out and play my game, I'll have a good game."

Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet said the lower-body injury to defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson, who is week to week, opened a spot for Soderstrom.

"He's had a couple of good practices and we want to see where he's at," Tocchet said. "I think he had a really good World Juniors (five assists) … so we're looking to see who's going to grab it, and we want to give him a chance.

"If he needs more seasoning, we know where he can go to get that (Tucson of the American Hockey League). But for now we're going to give him a shot. I just don't want to put too much pressure on him, I want him to have fun with it and we'll just go with this game and we'll reevaluate after the game."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment