Friday 8 February 2013

{coyotes} WHITNEY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT COYOTES' FUTURE

J Cole 728x90  #1Album 

The Arizona Republic writes that like so many other free agents that have left the Coyotes, veteran winger Ray Whitney received more money from the Dallas Stars when he joined them last summer after a two-year stop in the Valley.

But as long as Gary Bettman is Commissioner of the NHL, Whitney said he doesn't think the Coyotes will leave the Valley.

"I just don't see it," he said. "I think with the cost certainty now or even more established with the 50-50 (revenue split) and the contract limits it makes it more attractive. Maybe some of those people that walked away before are a little more intrigued now.

"Your franchise value obviously goes up. Your money that you have to pay out is fixed at a pretty good rate so you can make it happen. I don't know if Greg (Jamison) if he's going to have any opportunity again. I don't know about the City of Glendale, but I would think the City of Glendale doesn't have a whole lot. What's the alternative? An empty building?"

Ultimately, Whitney hopes hockey pans out in the desert.

"I think it's a good place," he said. "I'm going to retire here so I would obviously like it to stay here. I think it's a great market. People like coming here. Visiting teams get to come here. It's not a vacation, but it's a nice chance to get away from every other day of hockey."

Bob  Dylan 728x90 Mono CD

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment