Monday 10 February 2014

Re: [cactuswings 2816] Mojave. Calif 14.10.1997

Hi,

as you mention no date, I do not know if my visit to Mojave in 2001 was before or after yours.

I have two pictures of F-100's. The N2011M then was in bare metal with US Air Force titles, the serials 54-2019 and FW-91 large on the fuselage and tail and very small the registration N2011M on the tail. The latter I found out taking a close look at the picture because of your request. So after 13 years I can re-arrange this picture into the civil part of my collection.

Then I have the F-100 with registration N2011U in bare metal with tail and some panels in green primer (or olive drab as you wish) and a very small title "experimental" under the cockpit. For this one I found on the internet the US Airforce serial 55-2888 and she seems also to have some Turkish history you can find on the net.

And the MIG15 with registration N41125 during my visit had a portrait of Gagarin on the fuselage,  Aeroflot titles in blue on the drop tank and a large soviet star on the tail.

That's all I have of the types you mention.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Cheers,
Ab Gobets.
The Netherlands.



timandkate@fowton.wanadoo.co.uk schreef op 31-1-2014 16:36:
Very long shot I know. While looking through some old logs I came across the following gaps, if anyone out there could help I would be very grateful [and surprised after all this time] In the "scrap/storage" area there were 4 F.100 SuperSabres, one was complete and in Flight Systems livery, I believe this was 53-1688. Another was complete and in bare metal, the other 2 were "olive drab" and fuselages only. By the hangars was an a complete dark blue, but unmarked  F100 which I was informed was N2011M.In a hangar was a blue F104 along with an all white F104, in the same hangar was an all red MIG15 /LIM2, not N41125 as this was also seen.Any help ID.ing any of these much appreciated.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cactuswings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cactus-wings+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cactus-wings@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cactus-wings.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2014.0.4259 / Virusdatabase: 3697/7078 - datum van uitgifte: 02/09/14


0 comments:

Post a Comment