Friday 22 September 2017

{coyotes} Smith set to face former teammates with Flames

 

Goaltender Mike Smith, who was traded to the Calgary Flames from the Arizona Coyotes on June 17, is expected to start Friday when Calgary hosts Arizona at Scotiabank Saddledome.

Although it's just a preseason game, it's one Smith is looking forward to.

"It's special," he said. "You spend the majority of your career in one spot. I have a lot of good memories in Arizona. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't kind of unique and special, but at the same time I'm trying to get adjusted to my new surroundings and get my game going heading into the regular season."

Smith, 35, went 128-132-41 with a 2.69 goals-against average and .916 save percentage in 312 games during six seasons with the Coyotes. He was 19-26-9 with a 2.92 GAA and .914 save percentage in 55 games last season.

The Coyotes shuffled their roster during the offseason, meaning Smith may not see a lot of familiar faces. Among those he will know are goaltender Louis Domingue and forwards Jordan Martinook, Anthony Duclair and Lawson Crouse. Forwards Christian Fischer and Tyler Gaudet also played briefly with the Coyotes last season.

"There's not that many guys that I actually know, so I think it'll be kind of strange playing against your former team that you won't have a lot of guys that you played with on it," Smith said. "There's definitely some guys that have been there and I've touched base with a little bit and a couple guys that didn't make the trip that I'm good friends with.

"I'm going to enjoy it and have fun with it, but at the same time I'm trying to get some work done too. I'm not going to get too caught up in it."

The first regular-season game between the Pacific Division rivals is Nov. 30 in Calgary.

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment