Sunday 19 August 2012

Re: [cactuswings 1941] Storage News

I agree Matt. I learned that out for myself at the " Planeview Park " outside of KLGA next to the college of Aeronautics. I saw a picture years ago of an AA 767 flying in over the park with a 20' clearance over an FDNY Ambulance, so on this day I tried to recreate that same picture with an NYPD vehicle. The officers exited their patrol car and took my camera. they started to go through the images , and when I asked them why they were doing that, they stated to me that " under the patriot law, civilians can not photograph aircraft from outside the airport. I told them that was horse shit. I told them I can buy a ticket, walk into the terminal and take 1000's of images without ever being questioned. they stated that the way the law is written, enforcers can manipulate it to better serve their needs.
  When the officers asked me for my Identification, they saw a Police Badge in my wallet. They said " why didn't I tell them I am an officer " I asked them if that would have mattered , they said YES.
I TOLD THEM TO ISSUE ME THE SUMMONS , AND THAT I WOULD BE FIGHTING THIS IN COURT.
I also informed these morons, ( yes ) that they in fact were mistaken. Our rights state that if an object that is to be photographed is in clear and plain sight, on public land or in the air or out at sea, it can be photographed without interference from Law Enforcement , regardless of what it is.  I also explained to them that their actions could lead to disciplinary charges against the officers of conduct unbecoming of an officer. I stated to them , that taking my camera away from me was against the law, going through the images is a first amendment violation, and just the fact that they took it at their own discretion, without any prior orders given by the dept. that the taking of the camera when no crime has been committed , is no different than if they walked up to your front door of your home , and opened it and walked inside.
plus , I cant ever remember seeing any type of signage that states photography is prohibited unless that said airport is also a military base which has the proper signage and CAN enforce said rules.
James MCO
 
In a message dated 8/19/2012 11:20:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mattbna@gmail.com writes:


Can't say that I've ever heard of anything like that happening at MZJ before...   There would be some legal issues if they tried that crap with my camera - particularly if I'm dealing with a security guard on a power trip.

It concerns me that there are photographers out there that know so little about their rights that they would even let someone touch their camera, let alone delete images from it.

Matt

--
Verizon HTC Rezound

On Aug 19, 2012 10:14 AM, "Keith Tanner" <doctorthrapp@btopenworld.com> wrote:

James, I've driven all the way round the back of the large storage area at VCV several times, and I've yet to see another person, either side of the fence. As for Marana, our hired Cessna did a couple of touch and go's, as I've heard people upon landing, have had their images deleted from their cameras by security. KT

 


From: cactus-wings@googlegroups.com [mailto:cactus-wings@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tolice1234@aol.com
Sent: 19 August 2012 15:59
To: cactus-wings@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cactuswings 1936] Storage News

 

Question : i am planning another out west boneyard trip. I had read somewhere that Evergreen sold its Pinal Air Park location in Marana. Has it become a public use airport yet or would i still need to charter a flight into this airfield? Can a plane be chartered and land at kvcv as we do at kmzj?  Has anyone encountered any issues with driving behind the storage area behind vcv?

James MCO

 

In a message dated 8/19/2012 10:54:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, b737130@hotmail.com writes:

Hi all

 

This weeks moves.

 

Victorville

 

ANA9432   A320  arrived Aug 18 from Anchorage, flew Tokyo HND – Anchorage Aug 17 = JA8393

 

FDX9060     B752   departed Aug 17 to Mobile Downtown

 

UAL6876     B735   departed Aug 16 to Tupelo = N937UA

 

N117BT       B734   departed Aug 15 to Opa Locka

 

Marana

 

ARG1082   B735   arrived Aug 17 from Miami = LV-BAT

 

N352AS      B744   made local test flight Aug 16

 

N936FR      A319  departed Aug 15 to Goose Bay, continued to Shannon Aug 16

 

Kingman

 

COM3235  CRJ1  arrived Aug 17 from Cincinnati

 

COM3235  CRJ1  arrived Aug 16 from Cincinnati

 

SWA8700   B733   arrived Aug 15 from Dallas DAL

 

COM3235  CRJ1  arrived Aug 14 from Memphis

 

COM3236  CRJ1  arrived Aug 14 from Detroit

 

Roswell

 

SXA972      B738   departed Aug 18 to Miami  = D4-CBY (ex N742MA)

 

Greenwood

 

SWA8700   B733   arrived Aug 13 from Dallas DAL

 

Tupelo

 

AZA8922    MD82 arrived Aug 18 from Goose Bay via Bangor = I-DANF

 

Cecil Field

 

N248AG     B735   departed Aug 15 to Tocument Int'l (Panama City)

 

DAL9932    MD90 departed Aug 12 to Atlanta = N960DN

 

just for something different

 

Mena (KMEZ)

 

N959AE      JS32   arrived Aug 08 from Smyrna

 

N204BD      DHC6 arrived Aug 13 from Portales (KPRZ)

 

N291SW     E120   arrived Aug 14 from Wichita

 

That's it

 

Dave

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cactuswings" group.
To post to this group, send email to cactus-wings@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cactus-wings+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cactus-wings?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cactuswings" group.
To post to this group, send email to cactus-wings@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cactus-wings+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cactus-wings?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cactuswings" group.
To post to this group, send email to cactus-wings@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cactus-wings+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cactus-wings?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cactuswings" group.
To post to this group, send email to cactus-wings@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cactus-wings+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cactus-wings?hl=en.

0 comments:

Post a Comment