Tuesday 30 April 2013

Field Day

Ok I have had 5 responses in total regarding Field Day.  One yes, one I don't know, and a few I wont be able to make it.

I had a few members ask me when Field Day is.  This is actually a simple question to answer.  Field Day is always, again, always held the fourth weekend in June, regardless of the actual dates, it's held the same weekend every single year.  This will never change.  So the easiest way to find when it will be held is to buy an actual calendar, one that hangs on the wall and open it to June and then count the weekends.  The fourth weekend is it.  So if you are not able to make it this year because of work or something personal going on, then please plan for it next year.  If that means you have to ask for the weekend off ahead of time, you can now easily plan for it without waiting for someone to announce it.  That's what I would do at my last job.  I would ask for at least the Friday off, way back in January.  Some call me crazy, but I like to know that I will be guaranteed to get that day off because I asked for it ahead of time.

So when will it be held this year?  June 22nd and 23rd is the weekend.  Please mark this down on your calendar at home, work and also in your phone so you don't forget when it will be.

As far as where, it seems everyone doesn't care where or I have had no response back.  So I think I will be looking around to some campgrounds up on the rim to see if they have a group site open for that weekend.  The only issue I see at this point is, I don't want to put my money or the clubs money down on a spot unless we actually get a response as to how many guaranteed to show.  If I get less than 10, then I will discuss with those who are wanting to go and plan something with them and then let the club know.

I personally like Field Day.  It's a day to get out and get on the air while camping.  For those who joined Ham Radio for Emergency Communications, then this is the event you should be all begging to do since the whole purpose of Field Day.  It's the day you get to practice getting on the air from a location that will be as close to being an actual Emergency situation.  For example....no electricity....in a remote location.....rationing water......sleeping in a tent or a trailer....etc.

So please respond back to me in the next two weeks with either a "Yes" if you are going, or a "No" if you will not be able to make it.  If I don't hear back then I will assume you don't want to go and will mark that down as a No vote.

--
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain

KE7VLC Amateur Extra Class
Orion Thrower

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Mesa Amateur Radio CLub" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wm7rc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment