Thursday 11 April 2013

July meeting topic

Ok I will need some feedback.  The next major meeting topic (May meeting), is Autopatch/Repeater linking.  Now I am not sure exactly what was exactly wanted to be taught, other than maybe working with the autopatch and what repeater linking is and why it's done, but it should be a relatively easy class, which is why I am thinking it's perfect for May.

Since I teach most of the classes I am hoping that maybe someone would like to step in and take the lead and be able to teach the class.  Unless, everyone just loves hearing me talk till the cows come home.  So if you think that you would like to step in and teach the class, let me know.  Or if you think that we need something different.

The topics that were brought up were:

  • Autopatch and repeater linking
  • APRS
  • J-Pole Building
  • RC Planes and how Hams utilize their frequencies for this hobby
  • Building a Repeater/GMRS repeater usage for communications with non-hams
  • Skywarn
  • Mini Fox hunts

J-pole building can be the teaching topic at Field Day, but I think for those who can't make it to FD, we will teach this as a class at one of the meetings.  We just wont build them.

Skywarn is in April, so we can check that one off the list.  I think building a repeater/GMRS repeater usage should be done at a meeting where we have the full two hours to do.  So if someone wants to tackle this one, speak up.

Same goes for APRS since I have no experience with APRS, but if I am forced to do this, I can.

Are there any topics that any of you would like to see or hear?  Is there a topic that you are an expert (term used loosely) in that you would be willing to teach?  Please keep it Ham Radio related.  I have been to another club in the valley where they had meetings they discussed the black box in your car.

So I would like to hear thoughts, comments, ideas, and/or volunteers.  Remember, this is YOUR club, not mine.  IF it was mine, we would be having nights where we would be playing video games and talking about cooking over an open fire.  Or better yet, backpacking, camping, sailing or needlepoint (just kidding!!!).  To me Ham Radio is just one of the thousands of hobbies I have interest in.


--
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain

KE7VLC Amateur Extra Class
Orion Thrower

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Mesa Amateur Radio CLub" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wm7rc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment