Friday 26 April 2013

Re: [cactuswings 2205] Greenwood photos April 9th 2013

Sounds like a fun trip!  What L-1011s are at Waco?  No L-1011s exist on the December 11, 2012 Google Earth image. 
http://goo.gl/maps/31La2
Are you thinking about the 3 LTU L-1011s that used to reside at Amarillo?

Walter
DCA

On 4/25/2013 2:22 PM, James wrote:
Excellent . I am preparing for a road trip from Florida to KVCV with stops at all boneyards along the way . I'm going to hit every scrapping area and storage facility between Fort Lauderdale Florida - KMHV and every where in between. I'm looking for the 2-3 L1011s parked in Waco Texas, ill hit NASA Houston , all military airfields , KROW , gwo, tup, dhn, MGM , walnut ridge, Ktus , mzj, gyr, igw, igm, Ryan field, aves valley for the Connie's , DMAB-AMARCEXPERIENCE , Pima air museum ,  sky harbour, aviation warehouse near vcv, mhv, pmd, sbd, Bob hope in Burbank. Long beach , lax, then fly to Renton-Seattle. Then drive back hitting them all and every small airfield. It's going to be about a 6000 mile trip for me. I will photograph every tail number I can read off . . 
James KFLL


Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Geoff Cook <pinktristar@yahoo.com> wrote:


TUP - didnt see anyone around, plus I was on public roads....
GWO - not so much resistance, but I asked if I could walk the ramp and an employee said no - but I could walk the fence..
(I dont know how the farmer would feel about it..!)

All in all a good result, although missing D-ABVA and VB at TUP hurts!!

Geoff



From: James <Tolice1234@aol.com>
To: "cactus-wings@googlegroups.com" <cactus-wings@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [cactuswings 2198] Greenwood photos April 9th 2013

When you were at Tupelo , did you meet any resistance from the locals there as well as at GWO? 
James KFLL

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Geoff Cook <pinktristar@yahoo.com> wrote:


Hi folks,

A couple of requests for a link to my Greenwood photos from 2 weeks ago!
They can be found here:-


Regards

Geoff
Newport RI USA
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cactuswings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cactus-wings+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cactus-wings@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cactus-wings?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment