Friday 13 February 2015

Re: Group Campground Reservation for Field Day

I liked it in Happy Jack.  It was so far removed from Phoenix and cacti. :) Nice to see pine tree forest and Elk and Deer. 

On 02/13/2015 01:10 PM, Dennis Burks wrote:
I think we should do the same campground again. The extra day is ok with me if I have my new van finished I will probably stay the extra night.  I will bring the new van up to Oak flats for a first run.
Dennis

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 13, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Orion Thrower <orion.thrower@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there anyone opposed to me making a reservation for the Moqui Group Campground for our Field Day?

It's $50 per night except Sunday through Thursday.

I was thinking that since most of you don't enjoy breaking down really early in the day, and the campground host seems to be very picky, I was thinking that getting Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.  The total would be $130. 

My question is, should we do this?  The other sites closer to Phoenix end up being more expensive, in the range of $75 a night to $100 a night.

I want to get the reservation early enough so that we are guaranteed a spot.  We could do dispersed camping, but the issue then is communicating where the campsite is to everyone.  I figure that if we reserve a spot ahead of time, then everyone knows right where we are.

I plan on taking that Friday off and coming up early in the afternoon.  I will probably leave later in the day on Sunday.  So if anyone stays Sunday night we would they would have to make sure they are gone by the cut off time.

What are all of your thoughts?

--
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain

KE7VLC Amateur Extra Class
Orion Thrower
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Mesa Amateur Radio CLub" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wm7rc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Mesa Amateur Radio CLub" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wm7rc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--     Regards,    Vincent Chapman, N1LQJ          

0 comments:

Post a Comment