Friday 15 January 2016

{coyotes} Drew Doughty: Have Ekman-Larsson replace Scott in the All-Star Game

 

With John Scott having been traded to the Montreal Canadiens, the Arizona Coyotes are expecting to send another player from their roster to represent their team, and the Pacific Division, at the 2016 All-Star Game in Nashville.

Max Domi, Shane Doan, and perhaps Mikkel Boedker are prime suspects to get the nod.

However, if Los Angeles Kings defenceman Drew Doughty has his way, that replacement would be Oliver Ekman-Larsson, according to lakingsinsider.com.

"That's the only guy I could think of that's most deserving on that team – it would be him," said Doughty, who along with Jonathan Quick will represent the Kings in Nashville later this month. "I don't know if we already have too many defencemen on the team or whatever it may be, but obviously he's probably their best player and he deserves to be there. I would say him."

As good as Ekman-Larsson is, he will almost certainly not be chosen due to roster requirements.

If Scott is ineligible to play, something that hasn't yet been decided, a forward will be selected to ensure that all teams have six forwards, four defencemen, and two goalies.

Doughty however, has a simple solution that would allow the Coyotes to send their Swedish defenceman after all.

"I could always play forward, too. I used to play it back in the day. I was all right at it," he said. "I was a forward until I was like 13 years old, I think, so I was a centreman my whole life, and then one coach decided to switch me to defence, and I did and it worked out," he said.

In the same piece, Doughty also expressed his admiration for another offensive blue-liner, Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators.

"He's an unbelievable player. He's a lot of fun to watch," Doughty said. "He's someone I think I could learn a lot from. His offensive skills are just out of this world. Some of the things he does not too many players in the world can do. When I watch the Senators play, I pay special attention to him because there's a lot of things I can learn from him, and I have learned a lot from him over the years."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment