Sunday 14 October 2012

Oak Flats campout

Since our last campout I have acquired a 115v ac gasoline generator and I built a 13v dc 25 amp power supply that plugs into the generator.
This keeps my portable car battery charged and provides regulation when large loads are put on the battery when transmitting. I have built a 25 foot tall self standing mast where I will mount my top loaded vertical antenna. Its the same antenna I brought to the last campout at Oak Flats
My qrp rig did not have the power to drive this antenna so I got a 10/12/15 meter linear amp which puts out approx 75 watts with 5 watts in. How well this will work up there we will find out. I am planning to test the combo in my back yard in the next couple of days. The Los Harmonis
mexican food place up in Superior is a good place to eat and pretty sure they serve breakfast and you don't need to make any reservations as they have lots of room.
Dennis Burks
KE7YLV

0 comments:

Post a Comment