Friday 12 October 2012

Re: Granite Reef Recreation Site

I haven't heard whether or not this is going to happen this month.
 
Are we going to do this or are we waiting till I get back from my trip?
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM, <d.burks@mchsi.com> wrote:
I  got my call back from the Tonto Forest Ranger HQ.  We can use the Granite Reef Recreation Site off Power Rd. We can use generators but no more than two running at the same time. We can't tie antennas to the trees, but we can drive stakes as long as we pull them out when we leave.
I think if we stay away from the rest rooms with our antennas we should clear any underground pipes with water or power.
Every car parked at the site must have a Tonto pass showing in the window they cost $6.00 and can be bought at most gas stations and stores in and around Mesa. I passed around pictures at the meeting but I don't think Orion saw them he was running the meeting at the time. This Saturday is a free day at this site so if anyone wants to look it over you you can park for free. Granite Reef is the lake area where all of the canals that run around the valley are fed from so there is fishing and boating allowed for those who don't want to play with radios.

I think my Arrl membership is up Dec.30 but I will be renewing it before then.

Dennis Burks
KE7YLV



--
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain

KE7VLC Amateur Extra Class
Orion Thrower

0 comments:

Post a Comment